Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Processional

Richard and I just finished sifting through 500+ pictures to choose our favorite 100, and then put them in order for our album. What a job!

Nevertheless, I will continue with some wedding highlights. But I'm not going to try and be exhaustive. That sounds... exhausting. I'm just going for good pics.

First up: Richard's brother Ben ushering his mom down the left aisle. With the ushering, the poor dads always end up trailing behind.

Here's my dad, trailing down the right aisle.
The moms lighting the candles. (It's nice we have good pictures of this. I missed seeing this part of the ceremony! That's the only reason, in retrospect, I would have considered getting video of the wedding. So I could see the whole thing. Funny, you spend all this time planning who's walking where with what flowers, and then you don't even get to witness it yourself.)

The women of honor heading over to the church. Top to bottom, Suzie, Nancy, Sarah & Christine. Everyone looked gorgeous, with their hair done up. Christine got to re-use shoes from a previous wedding and they were perfect. We had the men and women come in simultaneously, men down the left aisle, women down the right aisle. Here's Robert.
And Toby, my nephew, the ring bearer. He did a great job.
And finally me. I was happy. (In the picture of Richard walking in, he looks extremely serious. A contrast!) I like this pic because you can see my necklace and bracelet, which were birthday gifts from my family. (I had been lamenting their cost though I thought they were perfect, and they surprised me with them.)
This is the best picture of the back of my dress. I love it. The veil was done by my Aunt Russetta the day before. Perfect.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous pictures! Your wedding album will be spectacular!

judith said...

You look positively radiant in these photos! Makes me wanna go to a wedding. Good thing I am attending one in September ;)

Rebecca said...

thanks debra!
judith: see you there!!! :) can't wait!