Closeup of the wedding party. I was reciting vows here.
People keep asking us how it went. Well, it was fabulous. I wasn't nervous at all. (I was more nervous during weddings where I've been a bridesmaid!) The sort of automatic response to that question is to think of things that went wrong. For example, in front of lots of people, I can't tell left from right; the pators had to correct my choice of hand to put the ring on. Richard couldn't get the ring all the way on my finger. (We didn't think to practice that part!) I had been bummed that the string quartet couldn't play some of the pieces I had wanted, but then I hardly noticed them during the ceremony. But none of those silly little things matter. My aunt Russetta helped us surprise our mothers with roses (although they didn't seem surprised). We remembered our lines. Richard cried during the hymns. I didn't notice. We got married. We're happy. That's pretty much it. (But more pictures to come!)Am I forgetting anything? Like me urging Richard to kiss his mom after giving her the rose and ensuing chuckles from the people?
What did y'all find notable?
1 comment:
well, i noticed that you looked lovely.
ps i got the hand thing wrong, too.
Post a Comment