Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Pre-Wedding Activities

[If I post a picture of you and you really don't like it, please let me know so I can take it down!]

Lots of family & friends came early to help out. We couldn't have done it without y'all!
Richard hangs decorations at his mom's directions:
Women of honor Suzie and Sarah help assemble favors:

We introduced Toby to the climbing wall at Randolph-Macon:

Finally, it got to be time for the rehearsal. Families gathered at the church. Here are Richard's mom, sister & dad. His missing brother, the best man, did eventually make it to the rehearsal. :)

My sister, mom & dad. Richard & I with ring-bearer Toby and the ring pillow made by Richard's mom. We'll show you how awesome the pillow is in another post.

For several weeks leading up to the wedding, people had been asking me, "Are you getting nervous?" And I always said "No, why would I be nervous?" Richard had the romantic notion that we should memorize our vows, which we did. Just before the rehearsal, Pastor Allen took us aside and asked us to say them. I guess he wanted proof that we had actually memorized them and would be able to recite them without help during the ceremony. Fair enough. Well, I had said them plenty of times to myself, but suddenly saying them to Richard with a witness--that was different! Suddenly I felt very nervous and wondered if I had trouble saying it in front of two people, how would it be in front of 150??

But we passed the test. So now we still have those vows in our heads, in case we ever want to remind each other. ;) It's a pretty serious promise.

I R, take you R, to be my lawfully wedded wife/husband,
to have and to hold from this day forward
for better of for worse, for richer for poorer,
in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish,
til death do us part
and to this end, I give you my word.

No comments: