Thursday, May 17, 2007

For the Love of Science

The reception is going to be a real geek fest. We are going with a science theme. The tables will be named after influential physicists, computer scientists, mathematicians and chemists. The favors are science-related also. Well, two out of three are. FYI, there will be a mixture of favors and you just have to take with you what you like. But the favors are there to play with throughout the reception. See how creative your table can get.

The "normal" favor is Scharffen Berger chocolate. Laura, my advisor, collaborator and dear friend, introduced me to this heavenly blend. In fact, this is the chocolate that made me fall in love with dark chocolate. (Their milk chocolate is astonishingly good also, so make sure you try it if you're a milk-chocolate lover!) Scharffen Berger also had a role in me falling in love with Richard.
Early on, Richard somehow learned that I loved Scharffen Berger chocolate. For our first Valentine's day, he found it on the internet, ordered me some (from Berkely--I've been to their factory), and hid it in an old red heart-shapd box. When he gave it to me, I assumed it was your typical valentine candy assorment (which is always good). But then he suggested I should actually look in the heart. I was really surprised and touched to find my favorite addiction. He has since become my main supplier. Note to friends in CA: that doesn't mean you should stop bringing me Scharffen Berger when you come to visit! ;)

As for the science-themed favors, well, we're working on them...




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL

judith said...

That green gooey stuff looks an awful lot like the slime we made for one of our kids program. Does it, by any chance, involve Elmer's glue?

Rebecca said...

It's a secret. ;)

Curt Wood said...

goo....fun!