We can't seem to decide where to go on our honeymoon. Help us by leaving your thoughts on the following locations. We do agree, I think, that we want mountains and hiking, but no camping. We'd also like to get off of the north american continent. Here are possible locations:
1) New Zealand. I (Rebecca) have been there, and it was awesome. Pros: gorgeous, there's glaciers and volcanoes and really friendly people. Cons: It takes a very long time to get there and it will be late fall there in June.
2) Peru. Can you say Machu Picchu? Plus the Andes and whitewater and jungle and...
3) Iceland. Glaciers, thermal vents, whales.
4) Europe, say, Switzerland and Austria. Doesn't "remote alpine inn" sound relaxing? Plus castles and Vienna and music historical stuff...
5) Other?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I vote for Europe because of:
1. The Sound of Music
2. Swiss chocolate
Need I say more?
Here's my two cents:
Go somewhere neither of you have been so you can experience it for the first time together.
A remote Swiss village sounds VERY romantic. If you are anywhere near Interlaken, it is not so remote, very touristy, but lots of cool adventure sports. I bet you could kayak.
Hey, Rebecca! Congrats on getting married soon! I say Europe. :) Europe in the spring is very nice. You have flexibility with the train, too, so you could go lots of places.
This is GRACE, lest the confusion. ;-) I vote for Switzerland. It's easy to get around, and lots of accessible hiking opportunities. And of course, chocolate!! If you do go to Zurich, go to Sprungli (the upscale retail counterpart to Lindt) and get their Luxembourgli confections and Tres Dunkel chocolate. Yum!!!!! Go zonkers with any dairy product there: the milk there is way better than the white stuff they call milk in the US.
Another suggestion: the Big Island of Hawaii. Tons of outdoor stuff, warm, and very laidback. I've got a good recommendation for lodging near the national park.
Wow, Europe is winning by far. Elaine, I agree, we should go somewhere new. I forgot about the chocolate. How could I!? Grace (got it!) I think the big island is a good idea, too... hm...
Hi rebecca
Decided to check in and put in a non-Europe vote. I say Machu Pichu...it's a once in a lifetime opportunity, and sometime in the near future, they are going to stop allowing people to traipse through it, so if you put it off, eventually, you will only be able to see it behind a chain
Or go to Chile. It is beautiful (no bias on my part of course)
But if you want Europe, we went to former Yugoslavia on our honeymoon. Slovenia and Croatia are amazing! Lake Bled in Slovenia is very Swiss Alp-like (in the shadow of the Julian Alps)...and a lot less expensive. I can give you info on former Yugo, if you like. We also went to Bosnia and Montenegro
New Zealand sounds fun, but that would be one long return ride--I would get agitated. I found Vienna beautiful and historic, but the people and food there made it clear to me how the city could produce such great misanthropists.
Something remote sounds good to me.
i like all options
Paul says that you should go to Iceland because he doesn't know anyone who's been there.
I think we've eliminated New Zealand. We have a vote against Iceland from Richard's mom, who was stuck there once and said there's nothing to do.
Thanks for all the comments! Chile is also a good idea. Of course you're not biased, chileƱa!
Post a Comment