Thursday, January 18, 2007

Time for a RANT

I got a mysterious piece of mail today--no return address. When I opened it, I realized it was a follow-up from the wedding show Richard and I went to last weekend. Then I realized it was pure evil. Allow me to quote:

Thank you for including Plastic Surgery Services of Fredericksburg in your prenuptial plans. As a special thank you, we would like to offer you and your bridal party an exclusive discount. If you have your surgery performed by February 28, 2007, we will give you a 10% discount off of the physician fee and a 10% discount off of the anesthesia fee.

And I thought the rant would be about prices and how they magically increase when the word "wedding" is involved. It's bad enough that I have to spend hundreds of dollars (not thousands, thank you) on a dress to make me look like a bride. But to have someone suggest that I need to pay ridiculous amounts of money and risk my life to improve my deficient appearance... well, that's so offensive I don't know what to say. Nothing appropriate for a family-friendly blog comes to mind.

3 comments:

Christine and Curt said...

hmmmm...that's very interesting. yeah, stay away from that...not necessary.

Rebecca said...

by the way, notice that the bridesmaids get this great deal, too!

judith said...

Business must be really bad for these folks if they have to get patients/customers from bridal fairs.