Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Some Links Worth Clicking

Check out this Newsweek essay written by my friend Sarah, Head Games. (I was going to describe it here, but I think it better to let the essay speak for itself.)

Also, Paul (my bro-in-law) has a neat link on his blog whereby you can improve your vocabulary while you donate rice to hungry people around the world. See how good your vocabulary is. I've gotten as high a ranking as 44... except them's a whole lotta words I've never seen before.

And finally, I'm going to link to a blog of someone I don't actually know, just because it's a fantastic story. Jill Homer has recently completed what some refer to as the Idita-bike: a 350 mile trek across the Alaskan wilderness -yes, during winter- by bicycle. It's best read starting at the beginning, so scroll down and click on the link "Day one: Knik to Skwentna."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a powerful essay about Sarah. I feel so blessed to have met her and had some amazing conversations with her. :) I look forward to more!