Sunday, February 24, 2008

Some things I have been up to recently

I haven't posted for a while, so here is what I have been up to recently:

I have started doing some things with kids and science.

Last Wednesday, I was a judge at the local King George Middles school science fair. There were over 300 entries. Apparently it is now required that students do science fair projects. Back when I was in middle school you only did a project if you were really interested in it. Times have changed. You can really tell that some students are actually interested, and other students have no interest at all.

For the past few weeks I have been a coach of a team of 6 kids at the King George Elementary school trying to build a robot. There are four teams of 6 at this elementary school. This is in preparation for a robotics competition in May: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIRST_Lego_League
The kids are really excited.

5 comments:

Christine and Curt said...

so cool Rebecca!

Anonymous said...

Actually I wrote the post, not Rebecca.
Richard

Jimmie said...

so cool Richard :)

Paul Rivas said...

You realize your nephew will want you to use these skills to help him build a robot.

Anonymous said...

If my nephew wants help building a robot, I can answer questions, but it will be up to his parents to decide if he gets the lego pieces necessary to build one.