Friday, April 6, 2007

Sparkly Stuff

Ring 3.1
It's a long story, but here is the final version of my gorgeous perfect engagement ring from Richard. The setting is known as a half-bezel. See how the diamond has metal along two edges? No prongs here. Plus, you can see the whole side and bottom of the stone, which I think is way cool. My finger has been sad and naked while waiting for various adjustments. I am happy to have it back for good.

The band is 3 mm and platinum. Our wedding bands will be inscribed titanium, 4 mm for me and 6 mm for Richard.

Wedding Gown Teaser
It turns out that I do have some feminine taste after all. I am so in love with this dress. Here is a close-up shot of the back of the bodice. (That's all you get! ...unless you're not Richard and you e-mail me, in which case I'll send you a link.)

I need to get it bustled and taken in, but I really like having it hanging in my bedroom so I can look at it everyday. (I've only tried it on for fun twice.) FYI, it is a PC Mary's design, purchased from the House of Brides. I found it in a store, but then saved mucho dinero by getting it online. You have to do this far in advance, though. At 6 months out, every bridal store gives you a lecture about how it's so late and you'll never make it in time. Actually, I'm getting that lecture from some of the alterations people now, so I guess I better take it in!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!

judith said...

Are you listening to this wedding gown stuff and when to get it and all Elaine? Listen good! Lovely, lovely ring Rebecca -- as befits a sparkly woman like yourself!

Anonymous said...

By the way...you have beautiful hands!

Rebecca said...

Awww, thanks Elaine.
Judith-I think she has the dress situation all figured out. :)

judith said...

See, I'm totally in the dark about these things. Maybe I'm just hyper. I'm a wedding type of person. What can I say?