Sunday, April 1, 2007

Big News!

Hi everyone. Rebecca and I have been under a lot of stress recently trying to get ready for our wedding, buy a house, and keep everything else under control. So when Rebecca got back from IL, I surprised her with tickets to Las Vegas. We eloped.




This may come as a surprise to most of you, but we concluded that we just didn't need this much stress. So as of 4 PM April 1, 2007, Rebecca and I are married! We couldn't get our Peru flight moved up, so instead, our honeymoon will be spent in California. We have a lot we want to see and do, so I will keep this post reasonably short. We want to thank everyone for all of the support and encouragement you have given us these past few months. There will still be a few more posts here as we send in pictures from our honeymoon, but otherwise this is about it for the blog. Oh, and the bag of M&M's will of course go to the lowest guest guess that was posted.


If you haven't noticed the date this was posted yet...

April Fools.

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

It's about time you figured out how much easier (and cheaper) eloping is! heehee.

I like the idea of you surprising me with tickets somewhere... though not vegas.

Anonymous said...

Thank God our mother doesn't know how to access the web.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you scared me there! :) Thank God I still get to be there for the big day...

Anonymous said...

You mean I wasn't supposed to tell your mom about this?

Randy said...

that was great! :oP

judith said...

You got me going for a while there. I felt my eyes bug out while I was reading and then went catatonic for about 30 seconds. That was a good one!

Inka said...

Omigawd! Eventhough I only read it today, I couldn't believe that you actually snap under wedding stress! And I just bought a pretty dress yesterday, just for your wedding! I'm glad it's all just a hoax. That was a really good one...

- inka

Barb said...

Yes, well I CAN access the web and it is a good thing this is a hoax or you would be dead meat!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

lol. :-) good april fool's day gag. you had me for a while there.