Sunday, January 25, 2009

Nursery Progress...

We still have lots to do to get ready for Baby MH, but things are coming along.

Mom Holcombe painted the nursery for us. Here she is looking proud, as she should, of the finished job. She even painted the ceiling and trim and doors and replaced the plugs and switches (more work than you might think), which means this room looks way better than the rest of the house!


After that it was time to put up the crib:

It didn't take nearly as long as the online reviews implied. I guess Richard & his mom are a good team.


Since then, we've put up curtains, which will hopefully help the baby sleep in and nap! Richard putting up the rod:
Alas, you can see that the once-pristine room is now filling with unorganized baby things! We ordered a dresser, but won't have it for another week or two. In the meantime, I am putting baby clothes in the crib. Everything else is getting piled on the floor.

Here is a close-up of the underwater theme we are matching things to:


And a final picture of curtains, crib, walls, white trim...

Once the nursery is truly finished I will post some final pictures.

In other baby news...
  • No, we haven't chosen the name yet. We are down to a list of 8.
  • Due date is now only 4 weeks away!
  • I am pretty tired and can see how one will be really ready to be done being pregnant when the time comes... or maybe before...
  • Our friends at church surprised us with a baby shower today. I will post pics assuming A. sends them to me like she promised. It was a fun surprise!
  • We really need to get our car seat installed.
  • We have one last baby class and then we will be "ready"! ha!

No comments: