Wednesday, January 16, 2008

monty python rabbit

Rebecca was a bible study last night, so it fell to me to do the rabbit bonding activities for the evening. The idea was to take the bunnies outside the house, but inside a pen (neutral territory), and give them approximately 15 minutes of social time together. My job during that time was to intervene if there was any fighting. Well I didn't quite make it. Rebecca had warned me to wear gloves, but I ignored her warning. Buttons and Smudge were OK for a few minutes, but then Buttons started trying to bite Smudge. I intervened, seperated them, and let them try again to be nice to each other. After a couple of rounds, Buttons bit me pretty hard, and I called it a night and brought them back in. Here is the flesh wound:



So I bandaged up my wound, moved the pen indoors, put Smudge in the pen, let Buttons roam the house and went about my normal evening business. What I hadn't quite realized was how good an escape artist Smudge is. Smudge had escaped her pen when our back was turned from the pen back at Bunny Lu when we got her, and she had escaped the pen after Rebecca had left in the morning. I thought I had put the pen back in a way that Smudge would not be able to get out. I came back to check on Smudge approximately an hour later, and she had escaped. Smudge and Buttons were quite happily hanging out together without fighting! Rebecca was shocked, she would have expected exactly the opposite behavior (no fighting outside in neutral territory, but fighting indoors on Button's territory.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You must have counted to 4 with your Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.